A Jubilee Sunday for Alex as Fieldband lift up six national trophies

Hey guys, Hope you enjoyed the last read as I have enjoyed bonding with Alexandra Township these past two weeks. I mean, one of the Sundays.
Moa and son bump into a colourful, jubilant community of Alex last Sunday in high spirit as I visited the old man of kraal.
I was curious to know what was happening and couldn't resist but get on to taking pictures and videos of the beautiful display. I mean, I was home and there was work. You don't really need to ask for permission but do what you are known for around the world.
So me, missed my planned Sunday church services because God says start with him, family and the rest will follow right.
So there I was that Sunday morning following the Fieldband who were touring the township and showing off their victory celebration.
The first stop for the group who had beaten other band teams from as far as Eastern Cape and Western Cape at Wanderers Stadium, was the 1912 house in second avenue.
Here, Bab'Twala and his girlfriends were waiting to give the guys some blessings. Yes, the man and the Gogos were so ready and proud of the kids achievement.
I mean six trophies? He even organised a nice curried stamp freshly made by Devine Foods. I don't know how he read my mind, but I last ate a delicious curry meal like that in Woolhope High School back in Malarbar township of Port Elizabeth. But anyway, while I was admiring Bab Twala's work and consitancy for so many years.... I mean through his frika Tikkun, a non-profit organisation that man has put lawyers, chartterd accounted,businessman through school from their creche stage right up to their career stage. as I was waiting with the grannies outside the tent.
As I waited univited to the event, the granies shared powerful stories on how he automatically became the father of some household. Giving the widows food and the necessary support after they were almost kicked out of their homes. The celebration day coincided with their day of collecting clothes and food parcels. I did take some great pictures of the event that day, but unfortunately the ones saved for this blog were erased from my phone together with all the other material.
Hence you see some of the image material is collected from my social media pages. But one of the highlight of the day is in this video below. This women just spoke to my heart and I knew I was home... Please watch Explainer: She is basically expressing her proudness in the children.
The term used is not the vulgar term, here it describes how everything is going to be lit after all the preparation she will do to enter the competition. Anyway, chow for now and please do follow us on all social media platforms.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twinning up to build a legacy that benefit SA

Yesss gal, the doeks are on FLEEK!

Veteran actress Mama Nandi Nyembe on female scars